The Arkansas Archeological Survey is accepting applications for an Archeological Assistant, a full-time, benefits eligible position located on Petit Jean Mountain, near Morrilton, Arkansas. Duties of the Archeological Assistant include: fieldwork (some requiring in-state travel), collections processing and data analysis, record keeping, supervising volunteers in the laboratory and the field, Research Station upkeep, and interaction with visitors and callers to the Station, all under the direction of the Research Station Archeologist. Opportunities exist for conducting independent research projects as appropriate.
Summary Of Job Duties
Duties include fieldwork (some requiring in-state travel), collections processing and data analysis, record keeping, supervising volunteers in the laboratory and the field, and interaction with visitors and callers to the Station, all under the direction of the Research Station Archeologist.
- A Bachelor’s degree in anthropology or a related field from an accredited institution of higher education
- Archeological field and lab experience in North America, east of the Rocky Mountains
- Experience in working with archeological records and collections
- Knowledge of basic office software applications
Applicable equivalencies may be considered.
- M.A. in Anthropology/Archeology from an accredited institution of higher education
- Experience in Southeastern archeology
- Experience working with and writing for the public
- Experience with the use of total station for mapping, and proficiency in using ArcGIS software
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for this position (KSAs):
- Knowledge of the general practice of North American archeology
- Knowledge of basic computer applications (MS Office, etc.) and field electronics (GPR, Total Stations, etc.)
- Skill in basic archeological field and lab procedures
- Ability to work with other staff, avocational archeologists, and the general public
- Ability to work independently and meet internal deadlines
Salary: $35,600 annually
For a complete position announcement and information regarding how to apply, visit https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UASYS/job/Morrilton/Archeological-Assistant---Winthrop-Rockefeller-Institute_R0033048?q=archeologis