This position is: Full Time
Salary: $50,000 to $70,000
Position Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Gulf South Research Corporation (GSRC) is a fast-growing, certified woman-owned small business offering multidisciplinary, environmental and cultural resources services to Government and corporate clients throughout the United States.
We are seeking a Architectural Historian for our Baton Rouge, LA, office.
The responsibilities of this position include, but may not limited to:
- Leading fieldwork (survey, data recovery, and monitoring), archival research, technical report writing, development and writing registration requirements, writing historic property management and treatment plans, writing agreement documents, state and federal archaeological permitting, data collection and compilation, and GIS mapping.
- Maintaining a firm understanding and knowledge of state and federal environmental regulatory framework, including the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA).
- Gathering data and other information to be used in the preparation of environmental reports.
- Being able to work within schedules and with minimal supervision.
- Assist in the production of proposal scopes and budgets.
- MA in Architectural History, Historic Preservation, or a closely related field
- Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
- Willingness to travel and able to conduct fieldwork, including overnight stays in the area.
- Current valid US driver’s license.
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required.
GSRC offers a generous benefit package to all full-time employees that includes:
- GSRC provides health and life insurance benefits.
- GSRC matches up to 4 percent of 401k contribution.
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Relocation expense to southeastern Louisiana negotiable.
- Eligible for bonus.
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick.