This position is: Full Time
Salary: $50,000 to $65,000
Position Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Gulf South Research Corporation (GSRC) is a fast-growing, certified woman-owned small business offering multidisciplinary, environmental and cultural resources services to Government and corporate clients throughout the United States.
We are seeking a full-time Project Archaeologist/Field Director for our Baton Rouge, LA, office. New Graduates Welcome!
The responsibilities of this position include, but may not limited to:
- Working under the supervision of a principal investigator, this person will provide assistance with project tasks at all levels including, conducting or supervising fieldwork (survey, testing, data recovery, and monitoring), archival research, technical report writing, data collection and compilation.
- Gathering data and other information to be used in the preparation of environmental reports.
- Mentor personnel in the field, office, and laboratory, as needed.
- This will be a travel and fieldwork heavy position with 40 – 75% in the field.
- MA in Anthropology, Archaeology, History, or a closely related field
- Archaeological field experience with a professional cultural resource management firm
- Relevant experience to include artifact identification skills and experience with the identification of both Prehistoric and Historic material and advanced knowledge in one or more specialty scientific areas (e.g., lithic, ceramic, or faunal analysis; historical archaeology; geoarchaeology).
- Willingness to travel and able to conduct fieldwork, including overnight stays in the area.
- Experience overseeing crews and/or multiple crews on a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies.
- Current valid US driver’s license.
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required.
GSRC offers a generous benefit package to all full time employees that includes:
- GSRC provides health and life benefits.
- GSRC matches up to 4 percent of 401k contribution.
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Eligible for bonus
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Relocation expense to southeastern Louisiana negotiable.