The Arkansas Archeological Survey is accepting applications for an Assistant Registrar position located in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Duties of the Assistant Registrar include: maintaining state site file records and archeological collections data, ensuring data is protected and accessed by qualified individuals, and supporting other aspects of the Arkansas Archeological Survey's AMASDA database system.
Summary of Job Duties:
Maintaining state site file records and archeological collections data while working with numerous agencies to collect and share that information. Working to ensure that the data is protected and only accessed by qualified individuals. Supporting other aspects of Arkansas Archeological Survey’s AMASDA database system and performing other tasks as assigned by the Survey Registrar.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
The individual selected for this position will be expected to possess the following required qualifications:
- B.A. in Anthropology/Archeology or closely related field required.
- Experience in Southeastern archeology and computer information systems.
- Organizational skills and ability to multitask.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following qualifications:
- M.A. in Anthropology/Archeology or closely related field.
- Familiarity with AMASDA database system and database organization.
- Familiarity with 3D technology and printing as well as virtual archiving.
- Lab and supervisory experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Arkansas archeology.
- Skill in maintenance of archeological information systems.
- Use of large database systems.
- Ability to work with Arkansas Archeological Survey staff in the management of information on archeological sites, projects, collections, and documentation.
Close Date: April 15, 2023
For a complete position announcement and information regarding how to apply, visit https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UASYS/details/Assistant-Registrar_R0034919?q=University+of+Arkansas,+Fayetteville+archeology&locations=17a66cdad98201f7890cfb48ca00e249https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UASYS/job/Morrilton/Archeological-Assistant---Winthrop-Rockefeller-Institute_R0033048?q=archeologis