The Department of Anthropology at Colorado State University invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor to begin August 16, 2018. This position supports a new PhD program focusing on Place, Space, and Adaptation. We seek an archaeologist whose research focuses on prehistoric agricultural societies of North America from a spatial context. This could include research specializing in geoarchaeology, GIS/remote sensing analysis, landscape archaeology, migration/diaspora, paleoenvironmental reconstruction, or other related topics. Candidates need to have a PhD in anthropology or related discipline at the time of appointment (August 16, 2018). To see full position announcement and to apply, please visit: http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/50345
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Required Job Qualifications
• PhD in anthropology or related discipline at the time of appointment (August 16, 2018).
• Archaeological research with a focus on prehistoric agricultural societies of North America. The research must explicitly integrate geographic perspectives and techniques in a spatial context.
• Evidence for a promising record in scholarship/research.
• Ability to mentor and integrate students into his/her research.
• Ability to teach a core PhD seminar in Place, Space, and Adaptation.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• PhD in anthropology or related discipline at the time of the application deadline (November 17, 2017).
• Specialization in cultural and/or physical approaches to the study of space and place. This could include concentration in one or more of the following areas: geoarchaeology, GIS/remote sensing analysis, landscape archaeology, migration/diaspora, paleoenvironmental reconstruction, or other spatially influenced topics.
• Field and/or lab research focused on western North America
• Ability to teach a methods course at the graduate level.
• A willingness to organize, coordinate, and lead the department’s archaeological field school on a rotating basis.
• Experience in cultural resource management or other forms of public archaeology.
Additional Salary Information: Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience.
Internal Number: 201700314F